Our tweetchats are the lifeblood of the DreamUMC movement.
Tweetchats are held the second and fourth Mondays of the month. We meet at 9pm Eastern (6pm Pacific) on Twitter. Click here for instructions on how to follow along the conversation.
Tweetchats are usually in a Q&R mode. They have two necessary components:
- Tweets will need to include this: #dreamumc
- That allows Twitter to categorize the conversations. Plus, our archive software only grabs tweets that have that phrase on it.
- Often you will see Q1, Q2 in the comments. That means they are responding to a specific question by the moderator.
Here’s an example.
- The moderator will post a question like this: “Q1: What dream is not being realized in your local church? #dreamumc”
- People on twitter will then reply with “Q1: Young Adults being visible in the pulpit and on the church leadership teams #dreamumc”
The best way to join is just to wade in and our community can help you out. You can also catch up on and participate in conversations after the fact on Facebook, or by following this link on this website.
See you on 2nd and 4th Mondays!